Monday, November 29, 2010

You say it's your birthday?

Well, it was my birthday too, yeah.

Sometimes I'm not the most observant fellow. I get stuck in habits and said habits go unnoticed until they are mentioned to me by someone else.

In an instance relevant to this post, some years ago I got in the habit of wearing a pair of worn-down Saucony sneakers as house shoes. Their soles were so thin (probably no more than a millimeter in places) that they were basically nothing more than slippers, but they still had laces and of course were more adept at tracking things on the carpet and wood floors.

Fortunately, my wife put a stop to this practice with my birthday gift this year, a pair of L.L. Bean handsewn slippers with fleece lining.

LL Bean mocs

After wearing them about for a couple weeks, I have to concede that they're much more comfortable than the Sauconys, and easier to get off when I'm in a hurry to jump into bed on a cold evening, and much nicer to slip on for a Saturday morning spent lazily wandering about the house with a cup of coffee.

As if that weren't enough, I got enough fancy loose leaf tea to last until nearly the end of the Mayan calendar, as well as a variable-temp kettle (shoutout to skoolbus39!).

More and better posts coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment