Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fading rays

It finally seems like the tail-end of summer here, and while there's just a smidgen of chill in the morning air, it's still warming up during the daytime hours. The result is what might be my favorite season of the year. Evening walks are a must, and I often find myself veering just a bit off-course when strolling to and from meetings during the workday. It's not full-on fall clothing season yet, so I'm mostly getting a final few wears out of my lighter stuff before it goes away for a couple months. Today, it was a khaki-colored lightweight wool jacket with a faint blue windowpane, a vintage Gucci tie and a striped button-down with blue, navy, and green.

up top

A minimal tie clip just for a bit of separation and an older cotton pocket square with a pattern that I like peeking out of the pocket.

middle section

Down below, I went with some cream-colored chinos and my vintage Florsheim wingtips.

down low

They're the v-cleat style and click when I walk on pavement and/or tiles. At first I found it quite annoying, but now I just have to imagine myself as a racehorse or something. Although I will know it will mean winter is just around the corner, I'm kind of giddy about the thought of pulling some tweed out of storage and adding it to the daily rotation.

p.s. new Style Share coming Thursday night (approx. 9:30 p.m. CST). Brooks Brothers and Polo ties are just a few of what will be available.

1 comment:

  1. A sharp ensemble, especially those Florsheim wingtips (I have a pair just like them)!

    Best Regards,

    Ulrich von B.

    ReplyDelete