Sunday, January 22, 2012

Style Share: January

If you've been following this blog for any amount of time, you know the routine with Style Share. I offer up some items of clothing and the only thing I ask is that the recipient of said free* item email me back a photo or two of them wearing it for a follow-up post on this site (I'll give you credit for the photo and even link your blog if you have one). There are a few hold-overs and a few newly-offered items. First two items claimed will be sent out.

Lands End tie

Really classic-looking Lands' End tie in silver/brown, navy and red.

Pendleton hat

Pendleton newsboy tweed hat in size large. If this fit me, I would be keeping it for sure. I'm guessing this would best fit a size 6 3/4" to size 7 1/4" or so noggin.

Brandeis wool and cotton

Vintage 50% wool / 50% cotton tartan tie made for Brandeis in the UK. Really lovely in an eye-popping tartan and a fabric mix that gives it a nice heft for fall or winter.

wool hat

Nice wool trenker (or Tyrolean hat, as Guiseppe, who can show you how to pull this off, refers to it) hat in dark gray wool with a dark green band. I've tried to wear this out of the house about 10 times, but I've been thwarted every time. Someone please take this off my hands and rock it.

red italy dot

Lastly, a very pretty red silk tie with black dots. Made in Italy, this one doesn't feature any other distinguishing tags, but it's very sharp and pops nice in these cold months.

As usual, claim your item in the comments, then email me through the address listed on the site. It's really that simple.

Perhaps it goes without saying, but if you see something you like that doesn't get claimed and you want to trade/purchase it, just email me. I've actually traded for a few items in the past and frankly it's nearly just as fun for me.

*Seriously, it's free, and yours to keep forever. No strings attached. I won't share your name on the site or with anyone else unless you have a blog of your own that you want me to link. Please note that all clothing will be used (but certainly not stained, smelly, or damaged, as I do have standards), so please only agree to participate if this sort of thing doesn't gross you out. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. MW,
    I would love to have the Tyrolean hat!

    Yours,
    TDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. Midwester,
    I'm a long-time reader, first-time poster! May I please have the Pendleton newsboy tweed hat? It's wonderful!

    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  3. TDP: The Tyrolean is yours. It will be en route this week sometime.

    Anonymous: Shoot me an email (to the address listed in the profile) with your address and the hat will be on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a selection, I like it! You stay in the colors of the last post. Maybe your in a red and light brownish grey mood these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love StyleShare! Could I claim the tartan tie? I'll even send a Return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rats! I'm too late again. Sigh. Well, the tartan and red Italian neckties are a beauty to behold all the same. Maybe next time?

    Best Regards,

    Ulrich von B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tsk, shame that the Tyrolean is gone. I think it would look wonderful in a feminine context.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to see somebody pull off that hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MarcoBerlin: I'm not sure which hat you're referring to, but I think you'll get your wishes either way.

    Nat: One of the hats may or may not have been sent to a female. I guess we'll all find out the answer eventually.

    Sheik of Araby: Shoot me an email. I know I said two, but I think you convinced me I should go up to three for the month.

    ReplyDelete